Back

(Evening Standard).

THE EVENING STANDARD

Number 1 (21 May 1827) to Number 10,569 (30 June 1858) Bound in 32 vols [only].
Folio. 32 vols. Contemporary half morocco, marbled boards, all bindings worn, most with covers detached, some lacking backstrips, internally sound. The newspaper was founded by barrister Stanley Lees Giffard on 21 May 1827, as the Standard. The early owner of the paper was Charles Baldwin. Under the ownership of James Johnstone The Standard became a morning paper from 29 June 1857, with The Evening Standard being published from 11 June 1859. The Standard gained eminence for its detailed foreign news.
£950.00 [ref: 190932] enquire